Monday, May 24, 2010

Traveling Home: Great Trip, But It's Going to Be Good to Be Back, Too!

It was a great few days visiting Michael and Sam again before the two return to the states in a few weeks, but now I'm headed home, and it's going to be great to see Beth and the Pupsters and the other pets again.  As I write this, I'm sitting in the Lufthansa Business lounge in Frankfurt-am-Main airport, cursing the Germans who seem to feel the proper temperature for an airport is somewhere around 30 Centigrade (86 degrees for most of my constant readers), and the humidity best likened to a sauna's.  Seems a bit weird, in that traveler's sort of way, for it to be mid-morning to me and only 4:00am back home.


Lots of good food and drink the past five days, and lots of good times with my great and gracious hosts in Michael and Sam.  Now, if I could only get some friends & family to move to the next few places I want to visit so I can have a hotel-free experience complete with seasoned tour guides, I'd be set.  Anyone want to volunteer?

I've got tons of photos, of course (above and beyond Verona's Castelvecchio, pictured above), which I'll work on processing as soon as I can and will post in bits and pieces--but priorities are as follows:

  1. Watch the series finale of LOST.  (And avoid spoilers!)  Yep, that is the absolute #1 priority for me--and let me reiterate to the majority who have already seen it: NO SPOILERS.
  2. Watch the series finale of 24, airing tonight.  I know 24 has really gone downhill, but I've got to at least see how it turns out.
  3. Rehearse my presentation for work; it's going to be tough to get back into the office mindset so quickly, but I've got a briefing and demo to several muckety-mucks which I had just barely finished up before going out of town--which now needs polishing and practice, practice, practice, before I get to brief the real audience on Thursday (and several people higher up my food chain on Wednesday).
  4. Process and post photos.
  5. Put together a real blog about the trip--and finish the blog from the March trip to see Michael and Sam, for that matter.

I'll sign off with the photo above of the view from the Castello Superiore in Marostica.  Ciao!

No comments: