Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Day of Writing

Beth and I had talked about having a weekend devoted to writing, where we'd dismiss all other concerns and simply spend the time writing.

I've written since perhaps the fifth grade or so, though my creative energies had sought an outlet well before even that young age. In recent years, though, I've been in something of a writer's funk, enduring what I can only describe as a lengthy case of writer's block, where though words came here and there, the overall story simply wasn't something that flowed from pen to paper (or the electronic equivalent thereof).

So today has been devoted to writing, simply sitting down without other concerns and interferences of daily life, and writing. I've managed to get caught back up to where I'd left off with my primary project and have completed a good set of edits as well. Overall, a productive day, and hopefully a stepping stone toward returning to the days when I could churn out 3,000 words in a single sitting. Baby steps!

No comments: