Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Out With the Old, In With the New: Or, "Adios, W!"

I took a half day off from work today to watch the inauguration (and avoid any traffic snarls headed eastbound from my house, or the what I expect to be awful post-inauguration traffic headed outbound later in the day).  I was about to get back to work and had stepped outside to take advantage of a bit of daylight in cutting a few more standards for the home library when a big jet flew overhead.

I thought for a moment, "Hmm, wonder if that's Bush headed to Texas?  The timeframe seems right..." Indeed, when I glanced up, there was what formerly was Air Force One in its 747 glory.  I only wish I'd had my camera outside with me to remember this moment: seeing W head home, no longer the resident of the White House.  I gave a quick "see ya" wave to the plane and thought of that bit of good southern hospitality: don't let the door hit you on your way out!

Well, I've got to get back to work; plenty to do for the office before the week's up, and I've got a lot of PowerPoint slides to create, software to install and evaluate, and more.

No comments: